Can you help?
Working together to stop youth suicide
Youth Focus is an independent Western Australian not-for-profit working to stop youth suicide. Youth Focus works with young people aged 12-25 to help them overcome issues associated with depression, anxiety, self-harm and suicidal thoughts through the provision of free, unlimited and professional face-to-face individual and family counselling and other mental health services.
The demand for our services is ever-increasing and with only a small percentage of our operating funding sourced from the Government, we rely heavily on the goodwill and support of the corporate and community sectors.
There are a number of ways you can support Youth Focus:
• Through a corporate partnership
• By sponsoring an event
• By selecting Youth Focus as your chosen charity for workplace or employee fundraising
Investing in a better future for young West Australians through helping Youth Focus can also help your business. We would be delighted to have the opportunity to speak to you about how we can work together.
‘When Hawaiian first partnered with Youth Focus in 2002, few would have imagined how long the two organisations would stay committed to each other and to what heights the partnership could go in making a difference to the lives of young people in Western Australia. Over the last 11 years, it has been both a pleasure and a privilege for Hawaiian to watch Youth Focus evolve to the organisation it is today.’
– Russell Gibbs, Chief Executive Officer, Hawaiian – Major Partner of Youth Focus and the Hawaiian Ride for Youth.
‘Alcoa is privileged to partner with Youth Focus, they deliver a critical service that fills a gap in mental health intervention for our most vulnerable young people in society. Through their professional and business-like approach to everything they do from engagement, reporting and communications we consider them the benchmark for all our community partnerships.’
– Alan Cransberg, Chairman and Managing Director, Alcoa of Australia – Major Partner of Youth Focus.
Our corporate partners have played a crucial role in resourcing Youth Focus and assisting us to provide free intensive, face-to-face counselling to thousands of young people. Our partnerships are built on the strong foundations of mutually shared values and we work carefully to tailor your partnership to work with your community investment strategy.
There are many more young people who need our support and we are always in need of new partners to assist us to deliver these services in our community. Your business or organisation truly can help us to put a stop to youth suicide and together, we can change young West Australian lives.
If you would like to know more about becoming a corporate partner please email here.
You can also help support positive mental health in the workplace and our services by simply encouraging a range of workplace giving programs and fundraising activities like:
• Staff matched giving opportunities
• Promote and support community fundraising activities such as the Lavan Legal Spin for Youth Focus, the HBF Run for a Reason, the Chevron City to Surf for Activ and many more .
• Office casual dress days
• Office raffles, bake-offs, quiz nights
• Any other fundraising activities
Getting your staff involved in chosen charity activities is a great way to engage your staff and promote the great work you are doing to support the local community. Some initial benefits of choosing Youth Focus as your chosen charity include:
• Youth Focus holds Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) Status – Youth Focus has DGR meaning that all financial contributions are tax effective and fully deductible
• Low financial and resource investment required
• Great way to encourage community spirit in your organisation
Youth Focus has a successful history of delivery high quality events and each year. The success of these events relies heavily on the generous contribution of the corporate sector.
Please speak to the Youth Focus events team today on (08) 6266 4333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.