Youth Focus operates a free, face-to-face and web-based professional counselling service for young people aged 12 to 25 who may be experiencing mental health challenges including suicidal thoughts, depression, anxiety and self-harm.
Helping young people live full and healthy lives.
Our confidential services are delivered in a number of metropolitan and regional areas across Western Australia by experienced psychologists, clinicians, counsellors and mental health professionals.
If you, or a young person you know, has been experiencing any of these issues, please call us on (08) 6266 4333:
- Feeling unhappy, moody or irritable a lot of the time
- Feelings of emptiness or numbness
- Losing interest and pleasure in activities that you once enjoyed
- Change in appetite, eating habits or weight
- Change in sleeping habits
- Tiredness, lack of energy and motivation
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feeling bad, worthless, guilty or overly critical of yourself
- Negative or ‘down on yourself’ thoughts
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Periods of intense fear or anxiety
- Unwanted thoughts and fears
- Uncontrollable and unrealistic worry about everyday situations
- Deliberate acts of self-harm or injury as a way of coping with difficult or painful feelings
Referring a young person to our service is simple. An informal referral can be made by family members, carers, GPs and health professionals, or by young people themselves. We also accept young people with Mental Health Care Plans from their GP.
If you are a family member, carer, friend or self-referrer, please complete the referral form below. Referrals on behalf of young people will only progress if the young person is aware and consenting.
Please note that we are not a crisis service. All referrals will be responded to within three business days. If the young person is in a crisis, please contact the local emergency department or call Lifeline on 13 11 14.
Youth Focus offers a recovery-oriented mental health service which is centred on and adapts to the aspirations and needs of young people. This model promotes a culture and language of hope and optimism, with the young person feeling valued, welcome and safe.
Our service design draws strength from and is sustained by a diverse workforce including those with lived experience and input from young people through our Youth Reference Group.
For more information, simply call us on (08) 6266 4333.
Youth Focus is accredited by the National Standards for Mental Health Services.
If you are in an emotional crisis and require urgent support, please contact:
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
If you are looking for more information and online support, please refer to the following online resources: