headspace Midland’s Youth Reference Group is made up of young people passionate about mental health and well-being. We aim to provide young people with the opportunity to have input into our services and strategic directions, allow a way for the voice of young people to be heard and acted upon, provide opportunities to upskill and participate in training, co-design and lead projects, and advocate for youth health and policy development.
To make sure we are providing the right kind of support for local young people, we need to hear the views and opinions of young people. There are a number of roles you can play in our Youth Reference Group, including:
- Promoting headspace in your local area
- Input to service design and social media management
- Representing headspace Midland at local events
- Developing and providing feedback about how we can improve the services we offer to young people.
- Talking to the media and community about mental health and headspace and MORE!
By getting involved you will:
- Have the opportunity to have your say and direct youth mental health services in Australia.
- Develop new skills and gain experience in mental health, community services, youth work and more!
- Participate in training opportunities, events and project planning to name a few!
- Meet and work with other young people who are passionate about improving the lives of young people.
Here are what our YRG 2023 members had to say about their experiences with headspace Midland:
“I joined the YRG because I want to use my lived experience to make the system better for others” – Abigail, 2023
“… through my engagement with YRG I can begin to facilitate a platform that aims to de-stigmatize men’s mental health and the broader aspects of mental health” – Archie, 2023
How do I get involved? Please complete an application form by heading to https://form.jotform.com/221699557775072 or contact the Community Engagement Officer to get a copy of the YRG Application form. Applications close on 31 December 2023 or after we receive 20 applications!
Please share this opportunity with any young people that you think may be interested, and amongst your networks. For more information or to discuss an application, please contact Casey on 9276 8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org