Support the cause and get involved today
There are a number of ways you can support us. Let’s work together to make a real and lasting difference to the lives of young people dealing with mental health issues.
Partner with us
We believe in the power of partnerships and collaborative efforts to create positive change and reduce youth suicide in Western Australia.
To discuss a creative, mutually beneficial partnership that will have a positive impact on the community, please get in touch with our partnerships team here.
Attend one of our events
Youth Focus holds a number of meaningful events throughout the year to raise vital funds and awareness for youth mental health and suicide prevention. Visit our Events page here to see what’s coming up!
Give back. Get more!
Enjoy year-round access to thousands of exclusive offers on dining, shopping, hotels and activities with the Entertainment Book app!
20% of every Entertainment Book membership sold via our page goes to Youth Focus to fund the prevention of youth suicide and depression in the Western Australian community. Support us and save by buying your membership from this link.
Raise funds your own way!
Our organisation relies heavily on support from the corporate and community sectors to keep our life-changing services free for young people.
If you’re interested in making a difference to the lives of young Western Australians by raising hosting your own fundraising event, please get in touch by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or on 6266 4333.
Support a community event near you
Whether you are participating in a community fundraising event or hosting your own, all funds raised contribute to the growth and delivery of Youth Focus services. View upcoming community fundraising initiatives here.
Volunteer your time
Volunteering is a great way for people based in Perth to support Youth Focus and the young people we assist.
Volunteering opportunities fall into the following categories:
Helping out at a Youth Focus event
- Every year, we coordinate multiple events to raise funds and awareness for our services. Many of these events rely on the support of volunteers. The need for event-related volunteers varies throughout the year, but if you are interested in being listed on our volunteer database, please email here.
Mentoring a young person
- Youth Focus is an active member of the Australian Youth Mentoring Network and WA Youth Mentoring Network and is committed to delivering a mentoring program which provides complimentary support to a young person, outside of their counselling.For more information on mentoring, please visit the Mentoring page.
Joining the Youth Reference Group
- Our Youth Reference Group (YRG) is a passionate group of young people aged 16 to 24. The group meets monthly to ensure our services are youth-friendly and relevant to young people and their families. Members are active participants at public youth events and engagement opportunities to promote our organisation and positive mental health messaging. Read more here.
If you are in an emotional crisis and require urgent support, please contact:
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
If you are looking for more information and online support, please refer to the following online resources: