Youth Focus operates a free, face-to-face and web-based professional counselling service for young people aged 12 to 25 who may be experiencing suicidal thoughts, depression, anxiety and self-harm.
Helping young people live full and healthy lives.
Our confidential services are delivered in a number of metropolitan and regional areas by experienced psychologists, clinicians, counsellors and mental health professionals who specialise in working with young people aged 12 to 25. In 2018, we launched Western Australian’s first web-counselling service, which is now being delivered in locations where in-person mental health services are limited.
If you, or a young person you know has been experiencing any of these issues, please call us on (08) 6266 4333:
- Feeling unhappy, moody or irritable a lot of the time
- Feelings of emptiness or numbness
- Losing interest and pleasure in activities that you once enjoyed
- Change in appetite, eating habits or weight
- Change in sleeping habits
- Tiredness, lack of energy and motivation
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feeling bad, worthless, guilty or overly critical of yourself
- Negative or ‘down on yourself’ thoughts
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Periods of intense fear or anxiety
- Unwanted thoughts and fears
- Uncontrollable and unrealistic worry about everyday situations
- Deliberate acts of self-harm or injury as a way of coping with difficult or painful feelings
Referring a young person to our service is simple. An informal referral can be made by family members, carers, GPs and health professionals, or by young people themselves.
Youth Focus offers a recovery-oriented mental health service which is centred on, and adapts to, the aspirations and needs of young people. This model promotes a culture and language of hope and optimism, with the young person feeling valued, welcome and safe.
Our service design draws strength from and is sustained by a diverse workforce including those with lived experience and input from young people through our Youth Reference Group.
For more information, simply call us on (08) 6266 4333.
If you are in an emotional crisis and require urgent support, please contact:
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
If you are looking for more information and online support, please refer to the following online resources: